Michelle Silver, our current Club Manager, is resigning at the end of June. We thank Michelle for her innovations and ideas and for her committed and meticulous service. The HPIC Board is now looking for someone to continue in that role.
The nitty-gritty: the Club Manager is responsible for booking the club and maintaining the club by overseeing janitorial services. The Club Manager
- fields rental inquiries through the HPIC gmail account, telephone messages and occasionally in-person
- shows the club to potential renters/teachers and explains the amenities along with the club rules and regulations
- makes rental agreements per HPIC’s rental rates
- meets renters as required to collect fees/manage keys
- makes deposits to the HPIC checking account of all monies collected
- does a walkthrough after each private rental to assess the renters’ compliance with club rules, determining whether and what amount of damage deposit will be refunded (usually there are no issues and the deposit is fully refunded)
Pay: $300 per month
The big picture: HPIC is evolving and along with that, the Club Manager’s role is evolving too. With Michelle’s help, our private party rentals have become smaller and more neighborhood-friendly. We continue to shape and develop our rental capacity to offer accommodations and services that benefit the neighborhood, supporting the club’s mission to be the heart of the neighborhood, bringing arts and education programming, while also supporting operational costs.
Club Manager qualities: likes to work with people, collaborative with renters and with the Board/club members, good communication skills, a problem-solver, organized.
Club Manager requirements/skills: access to a computer and scanner, knowledge of or able to learn Google Gmail, Drive and basic Excel spreadsheet entry. Living near the club or in nearby neighborhoods is desired.
Position is open July 2015 and will remain open for applications until filled.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org